It’s unfortunate that so many people pay lots of money to get a site designed and created only to not have it do what it was suppose to do. Generate interest, gain traffic, and ultimately create revenue. Whether the site was meant to convert sales like affiliate marketing or gain fans for a traditional business, ultimately you have to drive traffic for it to be seen. Here are some quick tips to get your site more visibility without spending money:
- Use word of mouth. Tell everyone you know about your website.
- Use Social Media to invite others to see what you are doing, not what you are selling and suggesting they buy.
- Optimize your website to be search-engine friendly and then submit it to various search engines and directories. I recommend http://www.submitexpress.com/submit.html its free and submits to multiple sites for you.
- Comment on other peoples sites, remember to leave your site as part of your signature.
- Create an auto e-mail “signature” – your name, your website address and a short tagline.
Remember whatever type of free advertising you decide to pursue, just get started. Also make sure that you use ad tracking software to your site, sign up with Google Analytics to see how well you are doing.